Karen J. Scudder received her B.A. in Drama from the University of Washington in 2000, Prior to entering the legal field, Karen gained experience in the entertainment industry, working in the areas of casting and assisting in the production of several films. In 2004, Karen earned her J.D., with honors, from Seattle University School of Law.
Prior to graduating from law school, Karen gained extensive experience working as a legal intern in a personal injury law firm in Ballard. Her most significant experience in law school came from her externship with Judge James Cayce at the Regional Justice Center in Kent. Working as an extern, Karen undertook a variety of different issues, using and extending the full spectrum of knowledge she learned in law school.
She practices personal injury litigation for both plaintiffs and defendants, primarily in the health care profession. She also has experience in the areas of administrative law and employment law. Karen is a member of the King County Bar Association, Washington Women Lawyers, and the Washington State Trial Lawyers Association.
In her free time, Karen enjoys spending time with her new husband. She also enjoys singing Karaoke and learning Martial Arts.Medical Malpractice
- Seattle University, School of Law, Seattle, Washington
Honors: Cum Laude
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington,
Honors: With Honors
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- King County Bar Association, 2004 - Present
- Washington Women Lawyers, 2004 - Present
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association, 2004 - Present
- Past Employment Positions:
- King County Superior Courthouse, Legal Extern, 2004